Unless your Hurcules, getting your chair mat to unroll can be a struggle. Here is a few tips and tricks to make things easier.
Use and Care of Your New Chair Mat
Your mat has been rolled for economical and timely delivery. Depending on temperature conditions, your mat may take as much as 24 hours to return to a flatten ed state. Forcing a cold mat to unroll may cause cracking. Please follow the guidelines below to unroll your mat.
Unrolling Your Chair Mat
- Allow your mat to reach room temperature before unrolling your mat (approx. 24 hours).
- Carefully unroll your mat and place it on the floor, cleats down. Add weight to hold the mat in place, if necessary. The mat will flatten gradually within a few hours.
- Speedy Options:
- Place your chairmat in a warm room or in direct sunlight for best results. When the vinyl begins to warm, the mat will flatten.
- Or use a handheld hair dryer to warm the mat. *First, direct the warm air into the center core of the roll for approximately fifteen minutes. Slowly unroll the mat and continue blowing with the hair dryer across the surface until the mat is flat. Please follow all use and safety guidelines
Caring For Your Chair Mat
- Clean your chair mat with warm water and a mild detergent. (Allow to dry completely before placing chairmat on any surface).
- Avoid exposure to extreme temperatures.
- For best results, use with a chair with plastic caster wheels. Warranty will be voided if used with metal casters.